Emotes are special animations such as dances or actions. To use them, players must open their Phone, click "emotes" and then select the emote they would like to use from a scrollable list. Emotes can be earned as season rewards, from either the Emote Pack 1 or Emote Pack 2 game passes, or from codes.
Game pass Emotes
Emote Pack 1
A dance where the player has their foot off the ground while swinging their arm on that side and looking towards it.
A dance where the player puts their right hand over their head with their right thumb and index finger forming an "L" while kicking their feet. This dance was popularized in the film It, where it was used by the clown Pennywise.
Emote Pack 2
A dance emote that involves putting one hand on the head, and the other arm at a right angle facing away from the player while dancing.
An emote that involves putting each arm facing away from each other and then slithering them vertically.
A dance emote that involves jumping up and down while swinging and kicking the feet in many complex ways.
Season Reward Emotes
Season 2 Emotes
A dance in which the feet are kept comfortably together, while various arm and hand motions are possible. Movement around the dance floor may occur, but there is no line-of-dance.
Season 3 Emotes
A dance that was introduced in 1969 by Led Zeppelin. The dance consists is a short sequence of headbanging with rock music playing.
A dance that consists of a sequence of twisting the arms and legs in opposing directions while the player leans forward or backwards.
Season 4 Emotes
Jaywalk is a walking style that has been around since 1970. It makes the player stand straight and to begin to move their legs close by to left and right.
Boneless is an emote that was obtainable by reaching Rank 90 in Season 4. It makes the player swing their arms around, as if they had no bones.
Season 5 Emotes
An emote unlocked by reaching Rank 45 in Season 5, this emote has the player squat and swing their arms.
Season 7 Emotes
- None of the free emotes play music.
- Sounds played by emotes can be canceled by equipping and recharging some superpowers, as well as equipping the Phone.
- Pony and Jaywalk are the only emotes that allow movement without cancelling the emote.
- All of the free emotes are also default Roblox emotes.
- Infinite Dab used to have a bass-boosted audio that was on loop forever when said emote was used. In an unknown update, this was changed to electronic music.
- If the player crouches while emoting, the music will continue to play. Standing up will cause the animation to resume.
- Moving directionally cancels emotes, although, prior to Season 4, players could emote while flying in any direction.
- Weapons can be equipped while using emotes.
- The player can also fire their weapons even if the emote involves moving their arms without interference with aim.