Season 5 was the fifth season. It started on December 25th, 2019, and ended on April 5th, 2020, lasting a total of 102 days.
As players rank up, they will be granted rewards specific to the ongoing Season. These rewards are unobtainable after the season ends. There are a total of 20 standard rewards obtainable in Season 5, and five secret rewards (the animated skins), adding to 25 total rewards.
|Snow Vehicle Skin||Rank 5|
|Green Wrap TEC-9 Skin||Rank 10|
|Peppermint Vehicle Skin||Rank 15|
|Sweater MP5 Skin||Rank 20|
|Snowball Rims||Rank 25|
|Toothpaste Vehicle Skin||Rank 30|
|Candy Cane Wings Spoiler||Rank 35|
|Sunset Vehicle Skin||Rank 40|
|Hotline Bling Emote||Rank 45|
|Snow Mobile||Rank 50|
|Candy Canes Rims||Rank 55|
|Giant Wing Spoiler||Rank 60|
|Snowflakes Vehicle Skin||Rank 65|
|Sunrise Sniper Skin||Rank 70|
|Snowflake Rims||Rank 75|
|Sweater Vehicle Skin||Rank 80|
|Paintvex AK47 Skin||Rank 85|
|Fresh Emote||Rank 90|
|Frozen Vehicle Skin||Rank 95|
|Rocket Sled||Rank 100|
|Animated Hex Vehicle Skin||Rank 150|
|Animated Blue Snow Vehicle Skin||Rank 200|
|Animated Ugly Sweater Vehicle Skin||Rank 300|
|Animated Red Snow Vehicle Skin||Rank 400|
|Animated Ice Vehicle Skin||Rank 500|
Update One: December 25th, 2019
- The map has been covered in snow and the water has frozen. Icebergs and ice sculptures of ramps can be seen on the frozen water.
- This makes sea vehicles unusable.
- All sea vehicles have been removed from the map due to this.
- Some structures have changed colors, such as the exterior of the Pyramid becoming blue and the Volcano's spilled lava turning a neon blue.
- Strangely, the Cargo Ship is unaffected by the ice.
- The hangar where the Thunderbird and Overdrive are located is now wooden.
- The remains of the Testing Lab explosion have been removed.
- The nuclear waste was still there, although there are two pond-like and they have the same color of the lava of the volcano.
- Snowman decorations have been added throughout the map.
- Much of the grass and other terrain has been changed to blue.
- In general, the map's color palette has been turned to blue and white.
- This makes sea vehicles unusable.
- A G Wagon Pack and skins pack have been added.
- They are confirmed to be limited.
- The Cyber Truck Pack has been moved to outside of the Prison.
- The House Heist at Paradise Pier is now parallel to the Mini's spawn location.
- The AWP and RPG have an ice texture on the weapon racks.
- It is not a purchasable weapon skin, nor does the texture transfer to the player's inventory.
- XP requirements to rank up are double that of what they used to be prior to this season, and XP packs have decreased in price as well.
Update Two: January 6th, 2020
- Police Dogs now slow down players instead of stunning them.
Update Three: January 11th, 2020
- Owned vehicles can now be labeled as "favorites," appearing at the top of the vehicle spawn menu on the Phone.
Update Four: January 24th, 2020
- Apartments have been added, and three variants are currently available: the Utopia Towers Penthouse, Sea Breeze House, and Grand Park Apartment.
Update Five: January 27th, 2020
- Three new vehicle skins have been added, two of which are unlockable.
- The code 0N3Y34R can now be unlocked to obtain the Birthday Fireworks vehicle skin.
- A new fireworks event will now occur at seemingly random intervals.
- Players who are in the server when the event starts will be rewarded with the Birthday Cake vehicle skin.
Update Six: February 1st, 2020
- The fireworks event has been removed and will no longer occur.
- The Infinity Truck Pack has been added.
- The T150, Widowmaker, and Firestorm have been added.
- A weapon has been added; the Frost Gun.
- Two Apartments have been added, one being free and the other costing 100,000.
- Owners of the VIP game pass now receive the Stratosphere skin.
- Nitrous now regenerates automatically in most vehicles.
- The ferris wheel music that was present at the Criminal Base during Season 1 was readded.
- Star Lord and Atlantis have been removed.
- The Cyber Truck Pack, G Wagon Pack, and Skins Pack have been removed.
Update Seven: Feburary 10th, 2020
- Players can now complete challenges for XP, skins, and vehicles.
- Players can now rank up beyond Rank 100.
- Rank indicators for players that are Rank 100 or higher are blue stars with snow on top of them.
- The rewards app on the Phone has been renamed to Missions.
- Some lasers have been removed from the Casino.
- Trees have been added throughout the map, as well as food trucks and other structures at the Criminal Base.
- The codes RealKreek, Napkin, 5K37CH, and KraoESP have been added, which can be redeemed for the KreekCraft, NapkinNate, Sk3tchYT, and KraoESP skins, respectively.
Update Eight: February 25th, 2020
- The ways that weapons work have been changed.
- The “hipfire” mode allows weapons to be used at normal movement speed while allowing a wider view while firing.
- Weapons with scopes can be fired without using the scope.
- A new weapon has been added; the Famas.
- The Cargo Plane and Cargo Ship now have map icons.
- The majority of the heists have been revamped in their way of earning money.
- Breaking the glass cases in the Jewelry Store give diamonds, of which a player can hold a maximum of 30.
- The Casino's vault has lockers that can be opened to get cash.
- The Nightclub's vault has diamonds and stacks of cash that can be stolen.
- The Pyramid's vault has gold statues of Anubis and the diamonds and gold bars can now be stolen, as well as the Anubis statues and staves. A player can hold a maximum of 15 treasures.
- When entering the Cargo Plane, crates will be scattered in which players must hold "E" to open. Players are also automatically given a Crowbar upon entering the Cargo Plane. A crate will give players a weapon, and a player can hold a maximum of 5 weapons.
- When robbing, players now hold a bag when earning cash from a heist, preventing them from punching.
- However, the bag will disappear while a player is holding an item.
Update Nine: March 20th, 2020
- A hero and villain have been added: Archer and Rykou, respectively.
- The Airport has been revamped.
- Week 6 challenges have been added.
- Completing every weekly challenge will give the player the Porsche.
- An NPC has been added inside of the Criminal Base.
- Talking to him allows criminals to customize their masks and bags.
- The Cobra has been added.
- The map has been reverted to its state prior to the beginning of Season 5.
- Some structures still retain their blue color from the winter map, however.
- The volcano's terrain is now gray stone with a grassy surface as opposed to being completely black.
- The two pond-like nuclear wastes were removed.
- The code D1$C0 can now be used to obtain the Disco vehicle skin.
Update Ten: March 27th, 2020
- Any XP earned is doubled until April 4th, 2020.
- The Double XP game pass stacks with this; quadrupling any XP earned.
- Taymaster initially told users on Twitter that Season 5 would be released along with player homes, although backtracked on that statement and delayed their release "to make sure they are actually good".
- The player housing update was initially planned for the weekend of January 18th, 2020.
- The Pyramid's door will turn gold-colored when closed as opposed to sticking to its new, white color.
- The secret animated skins are not listed in the Season Rewards. They were added retrospectively in the February 10th, 2020 update.