The Thunderbird is a two-seater hover vehicle that was added in the February 8th, 2019 update. It can be found at the Casino parking lot. It can be purchased for 5,000,000. It is tied with the Light Bike and the Hyper Glider for the most expensive land vehicle in the game and the second most expensive vehicle overall below the Nighthawk.
It has a unique hovering function that can be activated upon pressing the G key while driving it, allowing it to go over any terrain, including water. Its suspension is also raised considerably, effectively allowing it to go over many ledges other land vehicles would not be able to. Its drifting becomes sharper in its hover mode. Even if it is in its hover mode, it needs to interact with the water flat in order to run across it. Otherwise, it will sink and despawn like any other land vehicle.
- It appears to be based on the DeLorean DMC-12.
- Its hover mode seems to be a homage to Back To The Future, a film that features the DeLorean DMC-12.
- This is the first of three land vehicles to be able to hover above any terrain, with the others being the Hoverboard and the Halo.
- The Thunderbird was formerly located next to the Casino, but was relocated to the Testing Lab in the March 30th, 2019 update, and later relocated to the hangar near the Airport when Season 4 started, then it, along with the T150, was relocated to Easter Isle sometime in Season 6, and suddenly returned at the Airport, along with the T150 in the middle of Season 7 on May 27th, 2021 update due to destruction of the former location. In the Chapter 2 update it was returned to the Casino
- When it was first located next to the Casino, there were two trails of fire behind its rear wheels.
- The Thunderbird has its own set of unique sounds shared by no other vehicle.
- Prior to the December 21st, 2019 update, the Thunderbird was unable to use nitro in its hover mode.
- Depending on the suspension selected while customizing, it will hover closer to or farther away from the ground.
- Despite being able to hover, having its tires popped while in the hover mode will still immobilize the Thunderbird.