Villain is a team added in the Season 4 update. Prisoners and Criminals can join the team by picking up a Power Crystal. Once killed, they will respawn at their base with a Pistol, although they still have access to the Criminal Base and Warehouse Criminal Base. The Villain Lair is located inside of the volcano and can be accessed through a door at its foundation. Villains do not drop crystals when killed.
The currently existing villains are listed below:
|Phantom||Green lightning bolts and flight||25||4|
|Raven||Dark energy and increased mobility||10||40|
|Rykou||Shurikens, invisibility, super jump, and increased mobility||20||40|
- Phantom was previously a Hero.
- Previous to that, the power was called "Dutchman" and obtainable as a reward for finding a buried key to unlock a cursed pirate chest. The NPC that triggered the quest would only speak with "fellow thieves" (criminals), making Phantom, in a sense, the first villain added to Mad City.
- If a Villain is arrested, dies after being attacked by a Hero or Police within a certain time frame, or die within a certain proximity of the Prison, they will respawn as a Prisoner.
- While the Raven, Rykou and Phantom crystals cannot be encountered naturally, they can be spawned in using Private Server Admin Commands.
- Villains are similar to Criminals in which they cannot be selected when joining the game.
- Any items obtained from looting will be kept if a Prisoner becomes a Villain, which could cause a player's inventory to exceed nine items.
- Villains, of all of the teams, can enter the most team bases at five.