Experience points (commonly abbreviated as XP) are a value that increases the player's Rank when earned. Each Rank has an amount of XP assigned to it that, when reached, will allow the player to progress to the next Rank. Ranks reset at the beginning of a new season, along with the introduction of new Rank rewards.
Below is a list of all possible ways to obtain XP. The Double XP game pass will grant twice as much for completing the following activities.
- 1000-2500 XP: Completing Challenges
- 15 XP: Disabling flying vehicles
- 10 XP: Kill
- 10 XP: Workout
- 1 XP: Popped tire
- 10 XP: Reviving a downed teammate
- Variable XP: Purchasing with Robux
Additionally, XP can be purchased from the Rewards page on the Phone in four different packages; 1,000 for 10, 5,000 for 50, 25,000 for 200, and 50,000 for 400.
There is no limit to the Rank that a player can have; as a result of the February 10th, 2020 update, the previous Rank limit of 100 has been removed.
The formula of the amount of XP needed to reach Rank n from a previous Rank is 100(n-1).
The formula of the total amount of XP needed to reach Rank n (from Rank 1) is 50n(n-1).
The formula of the total amount of XP needed to reach Rank n (from Rank r) is (50n(n-1))-(50r(r-1))
- It was possible to earn 1 XP by using a vehicle, but this method of obtaining XP was removed in Season 4.
- On the release of Season 5, the amount of XP required to rank up was doubled during end-seasons.
- Rank icons for Rank 100 and above are still winter-themed in the beginning of Season 6 and later seasons.